The infamous NME article announcing the mispressed copies of “Shoplifters of the world unite”, speculated to have been penned by Morrissey himself.
From Passions Just Like Mine (R.I.P):
It has been speculated that the mistake was a deliberate marketing ploy. There is significant evidence to that effect, particularly because different stampers were used to produce the test pressings and the mispressed copies, and because the mispressing was reported in the NME (by one Alf Ramsey, suspected to be Morrissey’s alias) as the single hit the shelves.
- sanest-days-are-mad likes this
- richeysguitarmasterclass reblogged this from thischarmlessgirl
- up-your-nose-with-a-rubber-hose likes this
- 4720128845 likes this
- teenageiconophile likes this
- bleutoile likes this
- russiangraffiti likes this
- harlothannah likes this
- timeswhenlucywasright likes this
- timeswhenlucywasright reblogged this from thischarmlessgirl
- beerssteersandqueers likes this
- thischarmlessgirl posted this